Welcome to “Feeling Good Enough” Counselling in Surbiton & Kingston – South West London KT6
I am an integrative transpersonal counsellor/psychotherapist with a private practice in Surbiton (South West London), where I provide personalised, confidential and relaxed one-to-one counselling sessions for individuals seeking help with emotional, personal or relationship issues. I work face to face and also offer online counselling for international clients via Skype. I offer sessions in English and Mandarin.
I understand reaching out for support and finding the right therapist is not always easy, it involves trusting the process and embracing the uncertainty. I hope the information provided here will help you see whether my background, experience and training is likely to meet you needs.
Setting “feeling good enough” as my main therapeutic aim is because, I realise the importance of having high self-worth for mental and emotional health, and its specific manifestation is feeling good enough about ourselves, which allows us to remain resilient and courageous in the face of inevitable difficulties in life. I deeply believe that feeling good enough and feeling worthy – to recognise and embrace our own uniqueness and innate self-worth is our birth rights, which can be achieved through ongoing effective counselling.
During our journey together, my aim as a counsellor is to form a relationship with you that reflects the very individual nature of your soul and personality and allows you to work at your pace. No matter what your current challenges are, I will provide you a warm, safe and non-judgemental space to hold you and your concerns. In this space that is free from judgement, your self-acceptance and self-worth will emerge and be nourished, and you will feel better and better about who you are and begin to thrive to reach your true potentials in life.
My experience includes working for the NHS at a GP Surgery counselling adults with depression and anxiety, PTSD, bereavement, anger issues, social anxiety, low self-esteem, work stress, relationship issues, panic attacks and addictions.
I am also working as a school counsellor at a primary school in the London Borough of Wandsworth – counselling students struggling with exam anxiety, bullying, cultural and identity issues, communication problems, and so forth.
I have worked extensively in counselling with adults and young people with different ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious and cultural background and have experience of working with a wide range of issues.
Below are some of the areas in which I offer professional support:
- Depression, feeling of emptiness, loss of purpose and direction in life
- Anxiety/social anxiety
- Unresolved emotional issues
- Difficult family relationships
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) & Complex PTSD
- Low self-esteem/self-worth, lacking self-confidence
- Anger and frustration
- Repetitive/obsessive thoughts and behaviours
- Trauma, abuse and neglect
- Relationship issues
- Career and work related stress
- Exam anxiety
- Eating problems
- Self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- Sexuality and identity crisis
- Racial and cultural issues
- Life transitions
- Bereavement and loss
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling awarded by the Psychosynthesis Trust in London and the University of Middlesex, and accredited by both the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
- Master in Transpersonal Child, Adolescent and Family Therapy at the Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE) (Currently training).
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) awarded by Kingston Business School, Kingston University, London.
- Certificate in Identity-oriented Psychotrauma Therapy awarded by Trauma Constellation Training Limited.
- Certificate in Foundation Course in Group Analysis awarded by The Institute of Group Analysis.
- Certificate in Introduction to Psychoanalytic & Jungian Theory & Practice awarded by British psychotherapy Foundation.
- Certificate as Practitioner of Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Level 2 awarded by the EFT Centre.
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Hypnosis awarded by professional Hypnotherapy & Hypnosis Training Ltd.
As a registered member of BACP, I abide by its Code of Practice and Ethics. I attend ongoing supervision and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses regularly to continuously develop and enhance my abilities to support my clients in the best way they deserve.